FREQUENTLY asked questions
Here is a list of our most frequently asked questions. If you don't find an answer here feel free to contact us.
- 1. Can I operate a golf cart or other alternate vehicle on Park Hills streets?
- Click here to learn about alternate vehicle operation on city streets.
- 2. Does the city crew collect bulk trash?
- City crews will collect bulk trash by city wards. To sign up for this service, bring $7.50 to city hall during the first week of the month corresponding to your ward (Jan. for Ward 1, Feb. for Ward 2, etc.) with your address and read the list of items allowed in the bulk trash collection.
- 3. Does the Parks and Recreation Department charge to reserve a pavillion?
- No charge applies to use a park pavillion, but the city recommends that residents call city hall for reservations.
- 4. How may I volunteer to help in my community?
The senior nutrition center needs volunteers to deliver local meals on wheels. Your help would be appreciated by the recipients and others. Call 431-4974 to sign up.
City boards and commissions need volunteers to serve as members, Call City Hall for details and sign-up deadlines.
The Park Hills Fire Department accepts applications for volunteer firefighters at City Hall.
HospiceCare, a local non-profit program, trains volunteers for other services. Call 431-0162
- 5. How much does a burning permit cost?
- The city requires permits for burning from April 16 through October 14. Burning permits are free.
- 6. How will the holiday affect my recycling and trash collection?
- Holiday trash collection occurs the day after the holiday except for Friday holidays. Friday holiday trash collection occurs the day before the holiday on Thursday. The most common, Monday holiday trash pick-up, occurs on Tuesday after the Monday holiday. Recycling collection resumes regular pick-up the week after a holiday.
- 7. What are the phone numbers for other local government offices?
- Call 431-4906 for the Park Hills Post Office
- Call 431-2229 for the Missouri Career Center
- Call 431-5191 for East Missouri Action Agency
- Call 431-4768 for the St. Francois County Environmental Corp.
- Call 431-1947 for the St. Francois County Health Department
- Call 431-1069 for St. Joe State Park
- Call 431-0166 for the Missouri State Highway Patrol
- Call 431-6592 for Missouri Division of Family Services
- Call 877-622-9009 for the Park Hills Social Security office
- Call 211 from a land line or (800) 427-4626 from a cellular phone for basic needs
- Call 431-5196 for Leadington City Hall
- Call 431-3700 for Desloge City Hall.
- 8. What kind of recycling is available in Park Hills?
- The city collects recycling weekly at your curb. Service details can be viewed here.
- 9. Where can I find local child care?
- The state of Missouri offers guidance to finding local child care.